All current employment opportunities are listed below.
This position is a mid-level management position within the Marketing Department. The position’s primary responsibility is to manage day-to-day activities of all marketing relating to subscription and single ticket sales of the Ballet’s performances locally, and implementing marketing strategies to both retain current patrons and attract new audiences. The individual reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications and interacts regularly with the Graphic Designer, Public Relations Manager and Group Sales Manager.
TYPICAL WORK ROUTINE INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO:
- Manage the development and rollout of subscription, Nutcracker, and programmatic marketing campaigns from concept to completion in conjunction with the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Liaise with media and creative partners in the implementation of media planning/buying and creative campaign development.
- Oversee design, content, and approve output of materials created by in-house Graphic Designer and manage delivery deadlines.
- Work with IT services to manage all data and list pulls from Tessitura
- Maintain direct mail and postage schedule per production.
- Collaborate with Public Relations Manager, Group Sales Manager, and Graphic Designer to ensure consistency across all platforms.
- Manage schedule, content, development, and deployment of all company email communications (marketing, development, school, etc.).
- Maintain Pennsylvania Ballet’s website to ensure that design, content, and navigation all enhance the user experience, reinforce Pennsylvania Ballet’s brand, provide accurate and updated information, and maximize revenue opportunities.
- Collect and edit website and social media content from all departments.
- Oversee all discount requests and work closely with box office team to ensure pricing and discounts are accurate.
- Develop and maintain marketing department budget and reconcile budget with Accounting Manager.
- Work closely with Ticket Philadelphia in resolving any patron issues or ticketing queries.
- Distribute subscription and single ticket reports on a regular weekly basis, including custom and topline reports.
- Analyze ticket sales by performance and make decisions about upcoming promotions, adding additional seating, and pricing.
- Manage the launch, implementation, and daily maintenance of subscription telemarketing campaign and participate in weekly telemarketing calls with the Campaign Manager.
- Plan all multi-media content (photos, videos, etc.) with the Ballet’s photographer/videographer, integrate content on Ballet’s website and social media channels, and manage distribution of content to external partners.
- Liaise with external partners on data management services, list exchanges, and response reporting.
- Coordination and staffing of promotional appearances as well as the development and coordination of Family Day events.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned by the Director of Marketing and Communications.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum three years working in marketing environment in a management or similar role.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Proficiency in data analysis skills.
- Ability to plan, establish priorities and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work efficiently in busy times with careful attention to detail.
- Expertise in Microsoft Suite, HTML/CSS, Adobe CS, CRM, Website Management, Google Apps (AdWords, Analytics, etc.)
- Energetic and enthusiastic person with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be available to work during shows/events as required.
- Knowledge of Tessitura or similar system required.
- Not-for-profit arts related experience and knowledge of dance preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, advertising or related field.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by April 30, 2015.
More information about Pennsylvania Ballet can be found at paballet.org.
Pennsylvania Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pennsylvania Ballet, one of the country's leading ballet companies, seeks a Marketing Intern each semester (Fall, Spring, and Summer), accepting applications on a rolling basis throughout the year.
The Marketing Intern works closely with all members of the Marketing Department (Marketing Director, Marketing Manager, Public Relations Manager, Group Sales Manager, Graphic Designer, and Photographer/Videographer).
- Representing Pennsylvania Ballet at festivals and special events
- Assisting with Pennsylvania Ballet's social media sites
- Securing Subscriber Discount Card benefits
- Brainstorming new marketing initiatives
- Organizing office files
- Data entry
- Maintaining press clippings and reports
- Assisting with various projects as needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, Photoshop and InDesign a plus
- Must be available to work some nights and weekends
- Interest in performing arts a plus
A mutually-agreeable schedule will be devised by the Marketing Intern and the Marketing Department. Interns are compensated with tickets to Pennsylvania Ballet performances.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter (indicating the semester for which you are applying) to:
1819 JFK Boulevard, Suite 210
Philadelphia, PA 19103
No phone calls, please.
Development Department Intern Position Available
Pennsylvania Ballet, one of the country’s leading ballet companies, seeks a development intern for the summer of the 2014-2015 season. The development intern will provide support for all aspects of the Development Department and will report directly to the Annual Fund Coordinator.
- Perform data entry and maintenance of the Ballet’s fundraising database Tessitura.
- Provide general administrative support of department initiatives.
- Represent the Development Department at special events, performances, rehearsals, and donor events, as requested.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and internet applications.
- Friendly and outgoing disposition.
- Hard working and responsible.
- Able to work independently.
- Available to work some nights and weekends.
- A heartfelt appreciation for the performing arts.
Applicants must be available to work at least two days a week, plus a few additional nights and weekends during the season as requested. Length and content of internships can be tailored to fit course requirement needs. This internship is unpaid; benefits include free performance tickets, participation in special events and the opportunity to work with a creative and energetic team.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to Olivia Steffan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.