All current employment opportunities are listed below.
Special Events & Development Intern Position
Pennsylvania Ballet, one of the country's leading ballet companies, seeks a Speical Events and Development Intern for the Fall 2016. The Special Events and Development Intern will assist with all aspects of preparation for the Ballet's upcoming special events as well as provide support to the Development Department.
- Assist the Corporate Sponsorship & Special Events Manager with Special Events planning and coordination
- Represent the Development Department as special events, performances, luncheons, donor events, etc. as requested.
- Perform data entry and maintenance of the Ballet's fundraising database Tessitura.
- Provide general support of Development Department initiatives.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and internet applications.
- Friendly and outgoing disposition.
- Hard working and responsibile.
- Able to work independently.
- Available to work some nights and weekends.
- Knowledge of ballet or performing arts preferred, but not required.
Applicants must be available to work at least two days a week, plus a few additional nights and weekends during the season as requested. Length and content of internships can be tailored to fit any course requirement needs. Benefits include free performance tickets, participation in special events and activities and the opportunity to work with a creative and energetic team.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Olivia Steffan at email@example.com - please include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Pennsylvania Ballet is seeking a Company Pianist.
Under minimal supervision, the Company Pianist provides piano accompaniment and musical guidance for rehearsals of ballet and company ballet class. The individual reports to the Music Director.
TYPICAL WORK ROUTINE INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO:
- Provides musical accompaniment for rehearsals. Attends dress rehearsal of assigned ballets.
- Prepares music for rehearsal. Studies and learns (using available audio or video materials) piano transcription of orchestral, chamber, concerto, operatic, choral scores as well as piano solo scores.
- Under supervision of conductor, consults with choreographers and rehearsal coaches regarding such musical aspects as tempo, phrasing, counting, cutting music, extending music via repeats or additional pieces.
- Records choreography in rehearsal scores.
- Serves as key liaison between choreographers/rehearsal coaches and music librarian and conductor.
- Selects music for and plays company ballet class.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned by supervisor.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Education and Experience:
Substantial experience playing piano for dancers.
- Play an average of 4-6 hours of scheduled rehearsal and class in addition to personal practice time.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with choreographers, dancers and rehearsal coaches and others by building rapport, listening and responding to their needs and being easy to approach.
- Demonstrate diplomacy and tact in all interactions.
- Continue to practice piano and demonstrate continued technical proficiency.
- Consistently communicate musical revisions to Music Director/ Conductor and seeks approval for such revisions on a timely basis.
- Consistently offer creative and innovative musical repertoire for class.
- Maintain accurate and detailed descriptions of choreography in rehearsal scores.
- Be consistently available, ready and prepared for company class, dress and technical rehearsals.
- Organize and communicate information clearly.
- Demonstrate ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Be prepared to rehearse/perform all repertoire prior to the first rehearsal.
- Some travel may be required.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and audition recording to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pennsylvania Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.